Well May changed direction for me LOL. Instead of knocking out a ton of small projects I ended up focusing on some pretty big projects. I finished the front and back for two full size quilts. And I decided that my energies really need to be focused on filling my etsy shop.
But I did finish up two more projects that were on my list.
I made a fabric book slings for Alexis' room in main fabric from her puff quilt. I added an appliqued A and hung it at her height. It seems she is a fan :)
I also gave our coffee table an overhaul. I love the shape but the color doesn't work in our new home and the paint was chipping and scratched. I gave it a light sanding followed by a bazillion coats of green spray paint. I didn't realize until I had used up an entire can that I picked up the super light mist stuff. I printed out a chevron template from Sunset magazine
, followed their directions and sprayed over top with a light grey spray paint.
I had a few issues with the process. The thumb tacks they suggest using left permanent holes in the wood :( And while I was doing a top coat of lacquer spray (I have two young children who regularly use this table for eating. It needed to clean easy!) a gust of wind send dust over the top leaving streaks of the lightest red tint. It's not visible in the pictures but I see it every time I look at it :( Overall, it's still a vast improvement and I'm glad I tackled it.
Moving forward, the plan for June is to go full steam on filling my Etsy shop. But I would also love to finish up the two quilts I have ready for quilting. I am planning on updating at least once a week on here so expect some pretty pictures :)